Thanks Rob, I will look into checksstablegarbage utility. However, I don't want
to run major compaction as that would result in too big of a sstable.
Regards,K F
      From: Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
 To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>; K F
<kf200...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:53 PM
 Subject: Re: Does nodetool cleanup clears tombstones in the CF?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM, K F <kf200...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Quick question, in order for me to purge tombstones on particular nodes if I
run nodetool cleanup <keyspace> <column family name> will that help in purging
the tombstones from that node?

cleanup is for removing data from ranges the node no longer owns.
It is unrelated to tombstones.
There are various approaches to cleaning up tombstones. A simple (if manual)
one is to use "checksstablegarbage" and user defined compaction. Even simpler
is to run a major compaction, but this has some downsides.
=RobĀ