Hi Anishek,

we are currently also thinking about how to do this in the midterm,
though we don't have a test setup yet. My idea was do add one additional
node to the source cluster but put it in a different DC as far as
Cassandra is concerned. Using the network topology replication strategy
you'd assign this DC an RF of 1 for each KS. Obviously you probably want
to read and write in LOCAL_QUORUM them to not hamper performance and you
need more disk space on that machine. But then, I think, you can just
take a snapshot there and use sstableloader to load that into your
destination cluster. Since I haven't tried this yet, I cannot tell you
hoe feasible this is but it would be nice to get some input here if the
idea is at least sound :-)

Cheers

--
*Dominik Keil*
Movilizer GmbH

movilizer.com <http://movilizer.com>
*Reinvent Your Mobile Enterprise*

Movilizer Days 2015 - Save the date!
<http://movilizer.com/save-the-date-2015>

Be the first to know:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/Movilizer> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/movilizer-gmbh> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Movilizer>
_
Company's registered office: Mannheim
HRB: 700323 / Country Court: Mannheim
Managing Directors: Alberto Zamora, Jörg Bernauer, Oliver Lesche
Please inform us immediately if this e-mail and/or any attachment was
transmitted incompletely or was not intelligible.
_
This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended
information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be
copied, disclosed to, retained or used by any other party. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.