On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Jonathan Haddad <j...@jonhaddad.com> wrote:

> You could keep a "num_buckets" value associated with the client's account,
> which can be adjusted accordingly as usage increases.

Yes, but the adjustment problem is tricky when there are multiple
concurrent writers. What happens when you change the number of buckets?
Does existing data have to be re-written into new buckets? If so, how do
you make sure that's only done once for each bucket size increase? Or
perhaps I'm misunderstanding your suggestion?

Jim