      From: Carlos Alonso <i...@mrcalonso.com>
 To: user@cassandra.apache.org; Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:31 AM
 Subject: Re: Reenable data access after temporarily moving data out of data
directory

Hi Jason
Try this:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsRefresh.html
Carlos Alonso | Software Engineer | @calonso

On 24 February 2016 at 07:07, Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I encountered an error in Cassandra or the latest Oracle JVM that causes the
JVM to terminate during compaction in my situation (CASSANDRA 11200). In trying
work around the problem and access the data , I moved the data eg
ma-NNN-big-Filter.db, ma-367-big-Data.db etc. out of the data directory and ran
some cleanup commands which allowed the overall compactions to proceed.

Now I am wondering how I can get Cassandra to reaccess the data when it is put
back into place. Right now, a SELECT * query on the table returns no results
even though the files are back in place.
Also are there any tools to actually repair the data rather than copy it from a
replica elsewhere because with the JVM error, the database JVMs are not staying
up.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason