is there any other better way to find out a node's token range?  I see
systems.peers column family seems to include range information, so that is
promising but when I look at both datastax java driver and python driver,
its API both require a keyspace name and host name, I wonder why ?

http://docs.datastax.com/en/drivers/java/2.1/com/datastax/driver/core/Metadata.html#getTokenRanges-java.lang.String-com.datastax.driver.core.Host-

And just to be sure, the participants column in the repair_history table
represented the node being repaired and not the node being used to
comparing the data, correct?