Hi Henry,

I would suspect that the tombstones are necessary to overwrite any previous
values in the null'd columns. Since Cassandra avoids read-before-write,
there's no way to be sure that the nulls were not intended to remove any
such previous values, so the tombstones insure that they don't re-appear.

Steve

--
Steve Robenalt
Software Architect