Robert Coli <rcoli <at> eventbrite.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Krzysztof Księżyk <kksiezyk <at>
gmail.com> wrote:I see on lsof output that even if keyspace
> is not queried, Cassandra keeps files opened, so I guess it's not safe to
> hotswap, but I'd like to make sure.
>

> It is not safe for exactly this reason. Just restart your nodes.
>
> Were I doing this process, I would :
>
> 1) do initial rsync
> 2) stop node
> 3) do rsync again, with --delete for files which are no longer in the
source. This is very important, or you risk resurrecting SSTables which
have already been compacted away, which can be PERMANENTLY FATAL TO THE
CONSISTENCY OF ALL INVOLVED DATA.
> 4) start node
>
> =Rob

Hi,

Thanks for answer. I do it exactly this way.

Kind regards -
Krzysztof Ksiezyk