Hello,

We installed Datastax community edition, on 8 nodes, RHEL7. We inserted
some 7 billion rows into a pretty simple table. the inserts seem to have
completed without issues. but ever since, we find that the nodes reliably
run out of RAM after few hours, without any user activity at all. No reads
nor write are sent at all.  What should we look for to try and identify
root cause?

[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo)
[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]# rpm -qa| grep datastax
datastax-ddc-3.2.1-1.noarch
datastax-ddc-tools-3.2.1-1.noarch
[root@avesterra-prod-1 ~]#

The nodes had 8 GB RAM, which we doubled twice and now are trying with
40GB... they still manage to consume it all and cause oom_killer to kick in.

Pretty much all the settings are the default ones the installation created.

Thanks,
Mohamed.