Hi Vincent, have you already tried the more common tuning operations like
row cache?

I haven't done any disk level caching like this (we use SSD's exclusively),
but you may see some benefit from putting your commitlog on a separate
conventional HDD if you haven't tried this already. This may push your
read/write pattern to do more sequential access.