Once a while the question about table count rises in this list. The most
recent is
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nosql-databases/IblAhiLUXdk

In short C* is not designed to scale with the table count. For one each
table/CF has some fixed memory footprint on *ALL* nodes. The consensus is
you shouldn't have more than "a few hundreds" of tables.