Hi Bo,

> In our case, I would like for the cluster to wait for the write to be
persisted on the relevant nodes before returning an ok to the client. But I
don't know which knobs to turn to accomplish this? or if it is even
possible :)

This is what write consistency option is for. Have a look at
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/dml/dml_config_consistency_c.html.
Note, however that if you use ALL, your clients will fail (throw exception,
depending on language) as soon as a single partition can't be written. This
means you can't do online maintenance of a Cassandra node (such as
upgrading it etc.) without experiencing write issues.

Cheers,
Jens

--

Jens Rantil
Backend Developer @ Tink

Tink AB, Wallingatan 5, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden
For urgent matters you can reach me at +46-708-84 18 32.