As long as you shut down the node before you start copying and moving stuff
around it shouldn't matter if you take backups or snapshots or whatever.

When you add the filesystem for the ssd will you be removing the existing
filesystem? Or will you be able to keep both filesystems mounted at the
same time for the migration?  If you can keep them both at the same time
then an of system backup isn't strictly necessary.  Just change your data
dir config in your yaml. Copy the data and commit from the old dir to the
new ssd and restart the node.

If you can't keep both filesystems mounted concurrently then a remote
system is necessary to copy the data to. But the steps and procedure are
the same.

Running repair before you do the migration isn't strictly necessary. Not a
bad idea if you don't mind spending the time. Definitely run repair after
you restart the node, especially if you take longer than the hint interval
to perform the work.

As for your filesystems, there is really nothing special to worry about.
Depending on which filesystem you use there are recommendations for tuning
and configuration that you should probably follow.  (Datastax's
recommendations as well as AL tobey's tuning guide are great resources.
https://tobert.github.io/pages/als-cassandra-21-tuning-guide.html )

Clint