Thank you for your answer.

What I still don't understand is why auth data is not managed in the same
way as schema metadata.
Both must be accessible to the node to do the job. Both are changed very
rarely.
In a way users are some kind of database objects.

I understand the choice for trace and repair history, not for
authentication.

I note that 3.0 suggest 3 to 5 nodes. It was my choice but some client told
me I was wrong pointing at 2.1 documentation...
And it was difficult to explain to experienced classic DBAs that creating a
user and granting rights were so different from creating a table that
metadata was stored in a different way.

--
Jérôme Mainaud
jer...@mainaud.com