Hi there,
   I've deployed 6 node in Amazon EC2. I'm trying to monitor some metrics for
each node and print them out when I write/read data into Cassandra.
Specifically I want to print out the information about garbage collection and
compaction.
   I do notice that there's metrics for compaction in o.a.c.metrics.
CompactionMetrics.java. But I don't know how to get them, I've tried method
below:      CompactionMetrics metrics = new CompactionMetrics();
System.out.println(metrics.pendingtasks);
   But it doesn't work.
    *************  Another/same question is about the garbage collection, any
idea on where should I refer to and get the information about garbage
collection, like garbage collection count, collection time, etc.
   Any hint will be appreciated.
    Thanks!
Jun