As for Achilles, no I start Cassandra in the same JVM. It is meant to be
used for testing purpose only. I also faced dependency issue with different
version of Guava so I excluded the Guava pulled by the Datastax Java driver
to use the one pulled by C* itself:
https://github.com/doanduyhai/Achilles/blob/master/achilles-embedded/pom.xml#L52-L55