Hi Satoshi

You are correct that incremental backups offer you the opportunity to
reduce the amount of data you need to transfer offsite. On the recovery
path, you need to piece together the full backup and subsequent incremental
backups.

However, where incremental backups help is with respect to the RTO due to
the data reduction effect you mentioned. The RPO can be reduced only if you
take more frequent incremental backups than full backups.

Hope this helps,
Prasenjit