Hi,

the analysis is valid, and strong consistency the Cassandra way means that
one client writing at quorum, then reading at quorum will always see his
previous write.
Two different clients have no guarantee to see the same data when using
quorum, as illustrated in your example.

Only options here are to route requests to specific clients based on some
id to guarantee the sequence of operations outside of Cassandra (the same
client will always be responsible for a set of ids), or raise the CL to ALL
at the expense of availability (you should not do that).

Cheers,

Alex