I am deploying multiple Java web apps that connect to a Cassandra 3.7
instance. Each app creates its own schema at start up. One of the schema
changes involves dropping a table. I am seeing frequent client-side
timeouts reported by the DataStax driver after the DROP TABLE statement is
executed. I don't see this behavior in all environments. I do see it
consistently in a QA environment in which Cassandra is running in docker
with network storage, so writes are pretty slow from the get go. In my logs
I see a lot of tables getting flushed, which I guess are all of the dirty
column families in the respective commit log segment. Then I seen a whole
bunch of flushes getting queued up. Can I reach a point in which too many
table flushes get queued such that writes would be blocked?

--

- John