Hi Joaquin,

Unfortunately neither WARN nor ERROR found in the system logs across the
cluster when executing truncate. Sometimes it executes immediately, other
times it takes 25 seconds, given that I have connected with
--request-timeout=30 seconds.

The nodes are a bit busy compacting. On a freshly restarted cluster,
truncate seems to work without problems.

Some warnings that I see around that time but not exactly when executing
truncate are:
WARN  [CompactionExecutor:2] 2016-09-28 20:03:29,646 SSTableWriter.java:241
- Compacting large partition
system/hints:6f2c3b31-4975-470b-8f91-e706be89a83a (133819308 bytes

Kind regards,
George