Probably those without suffix were created by previous Cassandra version
(somewhere in 2.x series)

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,
Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra on Azure and SoftLayer.
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 01:58:07 -0400 Jason Kania
<jason.ka...@ymail.com> wrote ----

Hello,

In the data directory of my 3.0.9 installation, I have directories with both
suffixes and without:

periodicReading
periodicReadingTemp-76eb7510096811e68a7421c8b9466352

The directories with and without suffixes are being updated and for those with
a suffix, the suffix matches the output of this command:

SELECT keyspace_name, table_name, id FROM system_schema.tables ;

Can someone indicate why some would have suffixes and others not?

Thanks,

Jason