I like muti data centre resillience in cassandra.

I think thats plus one for cassandra.

Ali, complex analytics can be done in spark right?

On 23 Oct 2016 4:08 p.m., "Ali Akhtar" <ali.rac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would say it depends on your use case.
>
> If you need a lot of queries that require joins, or complex analytics of
the kind that Cassandra isn't suited for, then HDFS / HBase may be better.

> If you can work with the cassandra way of doing things (creating new
tables for each query you'll need to do, duplicating data - doing extra
writes for faster reads) , then Cassandra should work for you. It is easier
to setup and do dev ops with, in my experience.

wrote:

> [...]
the conclusion that we use hadoop for data lake ( cold data ) and Cassandra
for hot data (real time data).