Hi Sathish,

probably I didn't catch exactly your requirements, but why not create single
table for all devices, and represent each device as rows, storing both user and
network configuration per device. You can use MAP for flexible storage model.

If you have thousandth of devices creating own table for each device can be
quite heavy solution.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 19:23:20 -0500sat <sathish.al...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

Hi,

We are new to Cassandra. For our POC, we tried creating table and inserting
them as JSON and all these went fine. Now we are trying to implement one of the
application scenario, and I am having difficulty in coming up with the best
approach.

Scenario:

We have a Device POJO which have some attributes/fields which are read/write by
users as well as network and some attributes/fields only network can modify.
When users need to configure they will create an instance of Device POJO and
set/configure applicable fields, however network can update those attributes.
We wanted to know the discrepancy by the values configured by users versus the
values updated by network. Hence we have thought of 3 different approaches

1) Create multiple tables for the same Device like Device_Users and
Device_Network so that we can see the difference.

2) Create different Keyspace as multiple objects like Device can have the same
requirement

3) Create one "Device" table and insert one row for user configuration and
another row for network update. We will create this table with multiple primary
key (device_name, updated_by)

Please let us know which is the best option (with their pros and cons if
possible) among these 3, and also let us know if there are other options.

Thanks and Regards

A.SathishKumar