yeah well I don't think Oracle is treating Java the way Google is treating
Go and I am not a big fan of Go mainly because I understand the JVM is far
more robust than anything that is out there.

"Oracle just doesn't understand open source" These are the words from James
Gosling himself

I do think its better to stay away from Oracle as we never know when they
would switch open source to closed source. Given their history of practices
their statements are not credible.

I am pretty sure the community would take care of OpenJDK.