Hi all,

We have a 3-node cassandra cluster with incremental backup set to true.
Each node has 1TB data volume that stores cassandra data.

The load in the output of 'nodetool status' comes up at around 260GB each
node.
All our keyspaces use replication factor = 3.

However, the df output shows the data volumes consuming around 850GB of
space.
I checked the keyspace directory structures - most of the space goes in
<CASS_DATA_VOL>/data/<KEYSPACE>/<CF>/backups.

We have never manually run snapshots.

What is the typical procedure to clear the backups?
Can it be done without taking the node offline?

Thanks,
Kunal