I gave a try on spark+filodb and it's very interesting for ad-hoc queries

Le 31 janv. 2017 7:20 AM, "siddharth verma" <sidd.verma29.l...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

Hi,
*Are you using the DataStax connector as well? *
Yes, we used it to query on lucene index.

*Does it support querying against any column well (not just clustering
columns)?*
Yes it does. We used lucene particularly for this purpose.
( You can use :
1. https://github.com/Stratio/cassandra-lucene-index/blob/branch-3.0.10/doc/
documentation.rst#searching
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg5s-hXy_-M
for more details)

*I’m wondering how it could build the index around them “on-the-fly”*
You can build indexes at run time, but it takes time(took a lot of time on
our cluster. Plus, CPU utilization went through the roof)

*did you use Spark for the full set of data or just partial*
We weren't allowed to install spark ( tech decision)
Some tech discussions going around for the bulk job ecosystem.

Hence as a work around, we used a faster scan utility.
For all the adhoc purposes/scripts, you could do a full scan.

I hope it helps.

Regards