Hi,

Our setup is as follows:
2 DCS with N nodes, RF=DC1:3,DC2:3, Hinted Handoff=3 hours, Incremental Repair
scheduled once on every node (ALL DCs) within the gc grace period.

I have following queries regarding incremental repairs:

1. When a node is down for X hours (where x > hinted handoff hours and less
than gc grace time), I think incremental repair is sufficient rather than doing
the full repair. Is the understanding correct ?

2. DataStax recommends "Run incremental repair daily, run full repairs weekly
to monthly". Does that mean that I have to run full repairs every week to month
EVEN IF I do daily incremental repairs? If yes, whats the reasoning of running
full repair when inc repair is already run?

Reference:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsRepairNodesWhen.html

3. We run inc repair at least once in gc grace instead of the general
recommendation that inc repair should be run daily. Do you see any problem with
the approach?

As per my understanding, if we run inc repair less frequently, compaction
between unrepaired and repaired data wont happen on a node until some node runs
inc repair on the unrepaired data range. Thus, there can be some impact on disk
space and read performance but immediate compaction is anyways never guaranteed
by Cassandra. So, I see minimal impact on performance and that too just on the
reads of delta data generated between repairs.

Thanks
Anuj