Thanks. It seems that you guys have found executeAsync to yield good
results.
I want to share my understanding how this could benefit performance and
some validation from the group will be awesome.

I will call executeAsync() each time I want to get by primary-key.
That ways, my client thread is not blocked anymore and I can submit a lot
more requests per unit time.
The async requests get piled on the underlying Netty I/O thread which
ensures that it is always busy all the time.
Earlier, the Netty I/O thread would have wasted some cycles when the
sync-execute method was processing the results.
And earlier, the client thread would also have wasted some cycles waiting
for netty-thread to complete.

With executeAsync(), none of them is waiting.
Only thing to ensure is that the Netty thread's queue does not grow
indefinitely.

If the above theory is correct, then it sounds like a really good thing to
try.
If not, please do share some more details.