Hi all,

I am new to Apache Cassandra and I would like to get some advice on how to
tackle a table creation / indexing in a sophisticated way.

My aim is to store x- and y-coordinates, accompanied by some columns with meta
information (m1, ... ,m5). There will be around 100,000,000 rows overall. Some
rows might have the same (x,y) pairs but always distinct meta information.

In the end I want to do a rather simple range query in the form of e.g. (0 >= x
<= 1) AND (0 >= y <= 1).

What would be the best choice of variables to set as primary key, partition
key. Or should I use a index? And if so on what column(s)?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Lydia