In my case, we're using Cassandra to store QA test data — so the pattern is
that we may do a bunch of updates within a few minutes / hours, and then the
data will essentially be read-only for the rest of its lifetime (years).  My
question is the same — do we need to worry about the performance impact of
having N mutations written to the SSTable — or will these mutations generally
be constrained to the mem table?

- Max