From: Anuj Wadehra [mailto:anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:56 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hints files are not getting truncated

Hi Meg,

max_hint_window_in_ms =3 hrs means that if a node is down/unresponsive for more
than 3 hrs, hints would not be stored for it any further until it becomes
responsive again. It should not mean that already stored hints would be
truncated after 3 hours.

Regarding connection timeouts between DCs, please check your firewall settings
and tcp settings on node. Firewall between the DC must not kill an idle
connection which is still considered to be usable by Cassandra. Please see
http://docs.datastax.com/en/archived/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/troubleshooting/trblshootIdleFirewall.html
 .

In multi dc setup, documentation recommends to increase number of threads. You
can try increasing it and check whether it improves the situation.

Thanks
Anuj

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Meg Mara