     59

Is this normal?
Thanks in advance.

On 06-07-2017 06:30, Jeff Jirsa wrote:

On 2017-07-01 02:50 (-0700), Cogumelos Maravilha <cogumelosmaravi...@sapo.pt>
wrote:
Hi list,

Is there a way to set Deflate level of compression?

Brotli sounds good but unstable.

I just need more compression ratio.

I'm using C* 3.11.0

LZ4 compression levels are configurable as of cassandra 3.6 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11051 ) .

"The attached patch adds the following optional parameters 'lz4_compressor_type' and
'lz4_high_compressor_level' to the LZ4Compressor."

Glancing at the source:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/io/compress/LZ4Compressor.java#L41-L49

lz4_high_compressor_level defaults to 9.
lz4_compressor_type defaults to 'fast' ('high' is also available).