HI Asad,

The post flush task frees up allocated commit log segments.

Apart for commit log segment allocation the post flush task "synchronises
custom secondary indexes and provides ordering guarantees for futures on
switchMemtable/flush
etc, which expect to be able to wait until the flush (and all prior flushes)
requested have completed."

The post flush executor is a single threaded thread pool that cannot be tuned
(https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/8b3a60b9a7dbefeecc06bace617279612ec7092d/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/ColumnFamilyStore.java#L160-L167

<https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/8b3a60b9a7dbefeecc06bace617279612ec7092d/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/ColumnFamilyStore.java#L160-L167>)

Are you using secondary indexes? I there a high write throughput which is
resulting in frequent meltable flushes?

Regards,
Akhil