Thanks, Myrle. This confirms what I've tried so far. The problem may be an assumed requirement, such as the YAML file and perhaps /log4j-embedded-cassandra.properties/. But, I'm supplying both of those. This has something to do with /slf4j/ logging, a logger that has no name when it goes to get it. It's unclear how it was supposed to get a name.