If it's a new cluster, there's no need to disable auto_bootstrap.  That
setting prevents the first node in the second DC from being a replica for
all the data in the first DC.  If there's no data in the first DC, you can
skip a couple steps and just leave it on.

Leave it on, and enjoy your afternoon.

Seeds don't bootstrap by the way, changing the setting on those nodes
doesn't do anything.