There is no limit

The token range of murmur3 is 2^64, but Cassandra properly handles token
overlaps (we use a key that’s effectively a tuple of the token/hash and the
underlying key itself), so having more than 2^64 partitions won’t hurt anything
in theory

That said, having that many partitions would be an incredibly huge data set,
and unless modeled properly, would be very likely to be unwieldy in practice.

Tables without clustering keys are often deceptively expensive to compact, as a
lot of work (relative to the other cell boundaries) happens on partition
boundaries.

--
Jeff Jirsa