I show a 3.0 and a 3.11 branch but no 4.0.  I’m at
https://github.com/apache/cassandra .

From: Dinesh Joshi [mailto:dinesh.jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:30 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: What versions should the documentation support now?

Kenneth,

The only 4.x docs should go in trunk. If you would like to contribute docs to
the 2.x and/or 3.x releases, please make pull requests against branches for
those versions.

During normal development process, the docs should be updated in trunk. When a
release is cut from trunk, any further fixes to the docs pertaining to that
release should go into that branch. This is in principle the same process that
the code follows. So the docs will live with their respective branches. You
should not put the documentation for older releases in trunk because it will
end up confusing the user.

It looks like the in-tree docs were introduced in 4.x. They seem to also be
present in the 3.11 branch. If you're inclined, you might back port them to the
older 3.x & 2.x releases and update them.

Personally, I think focusing on making the 4.x docs awesome is a better use of
your time.

Thanks,

Dinesh

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 11:03:04 PM PDT, Kenneth Brotman