traces and auth in that version have a whitelist of tables that can be dropped
(legacy auth tables).

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-3.0.12/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/service/ClientState.java#L367

<https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-3.0.12/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/service/ClientState.java#L367>

It does make sense to allowing CREATEs in the distributed tables, mostly
because of auth. That way if the auth tables are changed in later version you
can pre-prime them before an upgrade. Might be a bit of overstep in protecting
users from themselves but it doesnt hurt anything to have the table there.
Just ignore it and its existence will not cause any issues.

Chris