Yeah, I also had to grab a new version of the cassandra-driver which was fixed
in 2.1.16 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11850 otherwise cqlsh
would not work with python 2.7.12.

I’m surprised dh-python is not a requirement on the Cassandra package in your
debian/control 😮

I also noticed that I get issues with cassandra-stress on Xenial
https://pastebin.com/raw/r2umZXSV, Any idea ?

Bests
—
Cyril Scetbon