I haven’t seen any query requirements, which is going to be the thing that
makes Cassandra difficult.

If you can’t define your queries beforehand, cassandra is a no go. If you
just want to store data somewhere, and it’s just CSV, I’d go with a simple
blob store like s3 and pick a DB later when you understand the problem
better.

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 9:06 AM daemeon reiydelle <daeme...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you are starting with a modest amount of data (e.g. under .25 PB) and
> do not have extremely high availability requirements, then it is easier to
> start with MongoDB, avoiding HA clusters. I would suggest you start with
> MongoDB. Both are great, but C* scales far beyond MongoDB FOR A GIVEN LEVEL
> OF DBA ADMIN AND CONFIG.
>

> <======>
> "When I finish a project for a client, I have ... learned their issues
> with life,
> their personal secrets, I have come to care about them.
> Once the project is over, I lose them as if I lost family.
> For the client, however, they’ve just dismissed a service worker." ...
> "Thought on the Gig Economy" by Francine Brevetti
>

> *Daemeon C.M. ReiydelleSan Francisco 1.415.501.0198/London 44 020 8144
> 9872/Skype daemeon.c.m.reiydelle*
>

> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 4:49 AM, Sudhakar Ganesan <
> sudhakar.gane...@flex.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Team,
>>

>> I need to make a decision on Mongo DB vs Cassandra for loading the csv
>> file data and store csv file as well. If any of you did such study in last
>> couple of months, please share your analysis or observations.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Sudhakar
>> Legal Disclaimer :
>> The information contained in this message may be privileged and
>> confidential.
>> It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
>> addressed
>> or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended
>> recipient,
>> you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form,
>> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
>> please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of
>> this message!
>>

> --
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com