This sounds like a queue pattern, which is typically an anti-pattern for
Cassandra. I would say that it is very difficult to get the access patterns,
tombstones, and everything else lined up properly to solve a queue problem.

Sean Durity

From: Abhishek Singh <abh23...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:41 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Tombstone

                       The Partition key is made of datetime(basically date
truncated to hour) and bucket.I think your RCA may be correct since we are
deleting the partition rows one by one not in a batch files maybe overlapping
for the particular partition.A scheduled thread picks the rows for a partition
based on current datetime and bucket number and checks whether for each row the
entiry is past due or not, if yes we trigger a event and remove the entry.

On Tue 19 Jun, 2018, 7:58 PM Jeff Jirsa,