Hi,

I think LWT feature is introduced for your kind of usecases only -  you
don't want other requests to be updating the same data at the same time
using Paxos algo(2 Phase commit).
So, IMO your usecase makes perfect sense to use LWT to avoid concurrent
updates.

If your issue is not the concurrent update one then IMHO you may want to
split this in two steps:

- get the transcation_type with quorum factor (or higher consistency level)
-  And conditionally update the row with with quorum factor (or higher
consistency level)

But remember, this wont be atomic in nature and wont solve the concurrent
update issue if you have.

Regards,
Rajesh