Hello,

Those tables are empty by default, except system_auth.roles table which
contains one entry(by default): the cassandra user/role.
CassandraRoleManager creates it on startup if it does not exist.

Those tables will be populated once you start adding new users/roles
and use authorization.

What do you mean by "I tried removing the system_auth folder from data
but the keyspace isn’t removed. "? Is the folder deleted? Did you
restart and the folder was recreated or not? Did you get errors when it
restarted and Cassandra tried to recreate the system_auth keyspace?

Regards,
Horia