De : Justin Cameron [mailto:jus...@instaclustr.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 18 juillet 2018 09:35
À : user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>
Objet : Re: How to connect a Cassandra database to Microsoft Power BI ?

Hi Emeric,

Cassandra itself does not offer an ODBC compatible interface.

Spark offers ODBC/JDBC connectivity via Spark SQL, and you can connect this to
Cassandra using the Spark-Cassandra connector. You'll need to keep in mind that
Cassandra's data model requirements are very different and limited compared to
those of relational databases, so you'll still be limited in terms of the types
of queries you can execute if you care about the performance impacts on
Cassandra.

There are also several third-party ODBC drivers for Cassandra that translate
the ODBC interface to something that is Cassandra-compatible, however I have
not personally used them so I cannot speak to their effectiveness.

Cheers,
Justin

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 at 16:59 VAN HOLLEBEKE Emeric (SAFRAN CERAMICS)
<emeric.van-holleb...@safrangroup.com<mailto:emeric.van-holleb...@safrangroup.com>>
 wrote:
Hi list,

I created a Power BI file which regroups several databases, and I have to
connect a Cassandra V3 database to Power BI.
Can someone explain me how can I do that ?
I have seen on Internet that is needed an ODBC driver, is there other solutions
to connect them ?

Any suggestion much appreciated, best.

Thank you,

Emeric VAN HOLLEBEKE.

#
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles, être soumis aux règlementations relatives au
contrôle des exportations ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont pas
destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les divulguer,
de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce soit le contenu.
Toute exportation ou réexportation non autorisée est interdite Si ce message
vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en informer l'expéditeur et de
supprimer immédiatement de votre système informatique ce courriel ainsi que
tous les documents qui y sont attachés."
******
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information and may be subject to export control laws and
regulations. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of
their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized
export or re-export is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached
documents from your computer system."
#
--
Justin Cameron
Senior Software Engineer

[https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/2549680/Instaclustr-Navy-logo-new.png]<https://www.instaclustr.com/>

This email has been sent on behalf of Instaclustr Pty. Limited (Australia) and
Instaclustr Inc (USA).

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and legally privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy or disclose
its content, but please reply to this email immediately and highlight the error
to the sender and then immediately delete the message.

#