Hello Cassandra Experts and Committers,

Hopefully this is just a dumb question, but without the skill set to read the
source code, I must ask.

Consider incremental backups are enabled on 2.x or 3.x. As memtables flush to
sstables on disk, hardlinks are created in backups for the column family. My
question is about the sequencing of flush IO and the creation of these
hardlinks. Is the file IO to the flushed sstables completed before hardlinks
are created? In other words, if I see a hardlink, then can I know for sure that
the hardlink is safe to copy?

I suppose I could figure this out by using lsof, iostat, and pidstat, but I'd
like to avoid this, if possible.