My recommendation is generally to look at encrypting in your application as
it’s likely to be overall more secure than DB-level encryption anyway
(generally the closer to the user you encrypt the better). I wrote a blog
on this last year:
https://www.instaclustr.com/securing-apache-cassandra-with-application-level-encryption/

We also use encrypted GP2 EBS pretty widely without issue.

Cheers
Ben

--

*Ben Slater*

*Chief Product Officer <https://www.instaclustr.com/>*

<https://www.facebook.com/instaclustr>   <https://twitter.com/instaclustr>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/instaclustr>

Read our latest technical blog posts here
<https://www.instaclustr.com/blog/>.

This email has been sent on behalf of Instaclustr Pty. Limited (Australia)
and Instaclustr Inc (USA).

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy
or disclose its content, but please reply to this email immediately and
highlight the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message.