Hello,

There has been a similar thread a few months back.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2cad65aba4fb035378591ef007ee68ccaf23a2c025aaaf7e7512d364@%3Cuser.cassandra.apache.org%3E

On fre, 2018-08-10 at 14:18 +0200, Dionne Cloudoupoulos wrote:
Hello! I'm trying to monitor cassandra through jmx and it turns out that I find
two values that seem to be the same thing but not:

org.apache.cassandra.metrics: type = Compaction, name = CompletedTasks.Value
org.apache.cassandra.metrics: type = Compaction, name =
TotalCompactionsCompleted.Count

and I do not know what to use. I began to graph both and the second one remains
stable, but the first increases from five thousand per hour in a clulster
without traffic.

So the questions are: which one should I graph? and why does the first increase
if there is no traffic?

Excuse me if you do not understand, I'm using a translator. kalo dromo,

Dionne