Good analysis of how the different key structures affect use cases and
performance. I think you could extend this article with potential evaluation of
FiloDB which specifically tries to solve the OLAP issue with arbitrary queries.

Another option is leveraging Elassandra (index in Elasticsearch collocates with
C*) or DataStax (index in Solr collocated with C*)

I personally haven’t used SnappyData but that’s another Spark based DB that
could be leveraged for performance real-time queries on the OLTP side.

Rahul