Thanks! Great tips on clearing tombstones. The TTL vs. business rules challenge
is one we’ve seen in enterprises moving from relational to non-relational
because there is no thought to planning a data retention policy.

Periodic business rules based cleaning via Spark works well if you use it to
set a short TTL that you would have deleted and that will eventually clear our
data depending on the value you set. My suggestion for those cases where you
must do business rules deletions, use a continuous spark job / Spark streaming
on another DC to maintain data hygiene.

Rahul Singh
Chief Executive Officer
m 202.905.2818

Anant Corporation
1010 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250
Washington, D.C. 20007

We build and manage digital business technology platforms.