Hi Alain,
thank you for your response.

I'm using incremental repair. I'm afraid subrange repair is not a
viable alternative, because it's very slow - takes over a week to
complete.

I've found at least a partial solution - specifying '-local' or '-dc'
parameter will also disable anticompaction, but the repair will skip
SSTables that are already marked as repaired. Our data is about 50%
repaired, so this significantly reduces repair time.

What if I ran 'sstablerepairedset --really-set --is-repaired' on every
table that was repaired by a subrange repair?  Would it prevent these
tables from being anticompacted, and allow us to use incremental
repair again?

Regards,

Martin