Hi,

Yes it makes sense to move to 3.11.3
The release has features and bug fixes which should be useful to your
cluster.

However, if you are planning to use GROUP_BY, UDFs etc.
Please be cautious about the performance implications it may cause if not
done with suitable queries.

 I am not aware of any specific doc to perform the upgrade.
But, the steps you are following for upgrades looks fine.

I think the `upgradesstables` step is not in correct place in upgrade
sequence.
I think upgrade sequence should be:

- snapshot
- drain and stop
- backup configs
- install new release
- review config updates (patch existing config)
- start Cassandra
- *upgradesstables*

*Not to forget*: Perform upgrade on one node at a time.

Regards,

Anup Shirolkar

Instaclustr <https://www.instaclustr.com/>